Toolset allows you to display a custom search form on one page and show the results on another.
Here’s an example of a real estate site where the homepage only has the custom search form.
When a user submits the search form, you can take them to another page with the results based on the options they selected.
There are two main steps to display the custom search form separately from the results:
- Create a View that displays the custom search and results.
- Insert the View you created into the page where you only want to display the search form.
Let’s break this down into more detailed steps.
- Create a new page or edit an existing one. This is the page that will display the results for the submitted search.
- Insert the Toolset View block and in the wizard turn on the Search option.
- Design your custom search including both the form and results.
- Create or edit the page where you want to display only the custom search form.
- Insert the Toolset View block and select to use an existing View. Select the View you created in the previous step and click Use View.
- In the right sidebar, look at the Custom Search Settings section and select the Only the search form option.
- In the section about where to display the results select the On another page option. Finally, select the page where you originally created this View.