If you are using Toolset plugins with a CDN, you may need to upload various Toolset resource files to the CDN. This will allow you to serve these files from a high-speed server, while maintaining the site’s functionality.
The paths that you’ll find here are all relative to your site’s root. For convenience, we’ve included the full path assuming installation with default directory names. If you are installing plugins in a different directory, or have renamed any of Toolset plugin directories, you will need to update these path names to reflect these changes.
wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/resources/* wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/resources/* wp-content/plugins/types/public/*
wp-content/plugins/toolset-woocommerce-blocks/public/css/* wp-content/plugins/toolset-woocommerce-blocks/library/toolset/woocommerce-views/res/css/* wp-content/plugins/toolset-woocommerce-blocks/library/toolset/woocommerce-views/res/js/*
If you using W3TC with CDN enabled, follow these instructions:
- Log in to your site and navigate to Performance→ CDN.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section and find the Custom files list input box.
- Copy the lists of resource files for Toolset plugins that you are using and paste them all in that box. The box may include other files that you’ve added for WordPress, other plugins or the theme.
- Click on Save all settings at the bottom of the Advanced section.
- Scroll back up and click on the Upload custom files button. You will see a popup dialog, listing the files to upload. There should be dozens of files, depending on the plugins that you are using and their version.
- Click on the Start button to initiate the upload and wait until it completes.
When you update Toolset plugins, you may need to repeat this process, as resource files can change. Remember that some CDNs take time to update, so allow up to 24 hours for updates to show on the site.