Translating directory and listing sites using local translators or a translation service would be too expensive. Instead, you should use automatic translation which is both affordable and fast.
You can use automatic translation while translating content “manually” or bulk translate groups of pages. Just make sure to enable the WPML Advanced Translation Editor on your site.
For big sites with a lot of content, this is the easiest and fastest way of doing translations.
Use the following steps to auto-translate groups of pages:
- Go to the Translation Management page. Use the filters at the top to find items you want to send for translation.
- Select items on the list and click to add them to Translation Basket. This can be any number of posts, pages, and other types of content.
- Next, go to the Translation Management → Translation Basket and send all items for translation.
- Now, go to the WPML → Translation Management page and click the Translation Tools tab. You will see options to choose your Automatic Translation Plan. There, you can click to claim your 10,000 free words of translation for the current month and proceed to the next step. If you need more quota, you can sign up for one of the monthly plans. System adjusts automatically and you will only pay if you spend something. You can read all about this on the WPML page about automatic translation pricing.
- Finally, click the Bulk Automatic Translation tab. You will see a list of all items you’ve sent for translation. Select any documents you want and click the Translate automatically button to translate them in one go.
Automatic translation happens very fast, usually in under a minute. You can go to the WPML → Translations page at any time and check the status of translations.
Of course, you and your local translators can also use automatic translation from within WPML’s Advanced Translation Editor.
When translating items, click the Translate automatically button and the whole page gets translated in an instant.