Your WordPress site has three basic types of content that need translating: posts and pages, custom fields, and custom taxonomies.
WPML adds translation controls for the manual translation of any post or a page. You can find these controls on the post listing pages and when editing posts and pages.
Translation controls on the post listing page
Translation controls on the post editing page
Clicking the translation controls on these pages takes you to the Translation Editor. All the texts belonging to the post are available for translation in the Translation Editor. This includes post title and body (main content), as well as custom fields and taxonomies.
WPML automatically connects the translations with the post in the original language.
WPML Translation Management allows you to set up multiple users that act as translators of your content.
Use the following steps to send content for translation:
- Go to the WPML → Translation Management page.
- Use the search section at the top of the page to find the content you want to translate.
- Select the posts and pages you want to translate.
- Select the languages you want to translate the content into.
- Click to Add selected content to translation basket.
- Finally, click the Translation Basket tab, select the translator you want to use and click to Send all items for translation.
Major advantages of using Translation Management:
- Set up multiple translators and define which languages they are allowed to translate the content into.
- Send multiple posts and pages for translation at once.
- Assign specific translation jobs to specific translators.
- Send content to be translated by professional translation services.