Skip Navigation

[Resolved] new user -> post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I've seen some posts that are about this subject, but i'm too noob to understand these. Perhaps you can help me with this in easy to understand terminology.
It's for a website where users pay to get registered as an artist. These artists get to make one custom post while they register, it's their bio which will show at the front end. They then get the possibility to show their art by publishing posts. If possible i would like that they can publish a certain amount of posts, depending of their registration: bronze (10), silver (25) or gold (Unlimited)

I made 2 custom post types: Artists and Artworks

First of all i created a form for new users to create a bronze account. I added a woocommerce product. which is now €0,- because i'm testing.
Here are my questions:

1. Filling out the form and paying works, but then there is still not a user created in the backend. After i login with the credentials i entered and use the edit profile form and save it, the user is created.. How come it works like that?

2. So i've got 3 kinds of payed users with different prices, after the bronze i created the silver registration form and added it to a new page, but that one isn't showing for not logged in users. That's weird, it's the exact same type of form as the bronze form, and that one does show up? Where should i find this, on the access control page?

3. What i would also like, is to combine the registration form, with the create post of the artists bio. including photo etc. And of course, they should only be able to create ONE artists profile post.

4. i made a reset password page, where the form is not showing for logged in users, but it is for not logged in users

5. Some pages that only show for logged in users, do appear in search results. they are: post artwork and edit artwork

6. I created a form for editing the artists bio post. When i open that page, there is no filled in information. The fields are all empty

So, as you can see i'm really new to this software, i'm sorry if some questions seem obvious, but i'm learning! There will even be moren questions i'm afraid..

Thanks upfront!
Peter

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

For these specific points, I'll need to see how these pages and involved plugins are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to test out these individual points? I'll be in a better position to guide you after reviewing the existing setup.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I've replied to each of the questions in their separate tickets. You're welcome to follow up on those individual tickets.

Feel free to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one, for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.