Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Allowing artists to edit their artwork

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I ALSO NEED THE ARTISTS TO BE ABLE TO EDIT THEIR ARTWORKS. I CAN'T GET A LINK TO THE EDIT ART (KUNSTWERK AANPASSEN) TO WORK BENEATH THE ARTPIECES ON THE MY ACCOUNT PAGE. hidden link

Thanks upfront!
Peter

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Peter,

As suggested in the other ticket ( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-editing-user-profile-or-bio-post/ ), the edit post form will need a reference or scope of post to use for editing.

In this case, too, you'll create a view that lists all 'kunstwerk' posts where the current user is the author and then place the edit form 'Edit Kunstwerk' in the loop of the view, so that each 'kunstwerk' post can be edited.

regards,
Waqar

Hi, i did that, but there are a lot of things to edit, so it makes the my account page unclear and huge. I would like to edit a link under each post that leads to an edit page. I tried it, but it didn't work.

I tried it again with a Fields and text block, and this time it worked to add an edit link. Thanks

Nou It didn't work after all.
I could Place and edit link there, but the post/page that Wasn't edit-able

Also I really Need Some Kind of confirmation When People push the delete Button. Verwijderen in Dutch. Now if they push It's deleted and They Can't Get It Back

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing this update.

On your website, the content templates for showing the content and for the form editing are not working as expected, because the 'Twenty Twenty-Four' theme is active.

This theme supports the WordPress full site-editing feature which is not compatible with Toolset content templates. If you'd like to use a default WordPress theme you can switch to the 'Twenty Twenty-One' theme.

The list of Toolset recommended themes is available at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

For a delete link/button with a confirmation message, you can use the 'cred_delete_post_link' shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_delete_post_link

Example:

[cred_delete_post_link class='cred-refresh-after-delete' text='Delete' message='Are you sure you want to delete this post?' message_after='Post deleted' message_show='1' action='trash']

Thank you.

The astra theme stopped working for some reason. I activated it again.

Waqar
Supporter

With the Astra theme, the content templates are working now.

In the template for editing artworks 'Kunstwerk bewerken formulier', I selected the correct edit form 'Edit Kunstwerk '

And, in the template for showing the artwork 'Kunstwerken', I added the post edit link at the bottom through the 'Fields and Text' block, which links the editing template:

[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='template-that-contains-the-edit-property-form' target='self']Edit[/toolset-edit-post-link]

You'll see the edit link is working now, at the bottom of each Kunstwerken post page.

peterV-17 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-25 07:19:39.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.