Skip Navigation

[Resolved] user roles

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I am building a job listing site with a toolset.
Job information is posted from outside and posted on this site.
The posted information will be posted as multiple products according to the posting period.
For example, products posted for one week are commercialized as "1 week products".
Users are charged when they post their products (at the time of posting).

Now, I would like to deepen my understanding of user roles for such sites.
・ I think that the WordPress user role has the following five roles.
1) Subscriber user
2) Contributor user
3) Poster user
4) Editor user
5) Administrator user

I think my role in running the above site will be the administrator user in 5).
At that time, I think that the role of the user who posts job information should be limited to 3) the poster. Is that correct?

If the above understanding is correct, for example, in the post type of the toolset "Access Controls",
Is it correct to set only the administrator to be able to delete or edit posts?
I want to confirm the role of the user who posts product information.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Based on what you've shared, this is the user role structure that I'll suggest:

1. Administrator:
This role would be responsible for managing all the administrative tasks, including adding/editing/deleting of product posts.

2. Job Poster:
As the name indicates, this role would be allowed to add/edit/delete their own job posts.

3. Job Seeker:
This user role would be the most common and would be able search and browse through the available job posts.

Here are some useful guides on these topics:
https://toolset.com/course-chapter/setting-up-custom-roles-for-site-members/
https://toolset.com/course-chapter/templates-for-visitors-and-members/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.