Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Types Unlimited compatibility/transfer

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hello, I had been using Post Types Unlimited and Advanced Custom Fields before I found and decided to try Toolset. The Toolset dashboard properly recognizes the CPTs, but it does not recognizes the custom fields associated with the CPTs. I am also using the Total theme which includes WPBakery and Templatera. I have created single-post templates using Templatera and Toolset also does not recognize those for the CPTs. For simplicity I would prefer not to use Templatera for single posts and Toolset for archive posts, but is there any way to accomplish that without starting from scratch with Toolset? In other words:

1. Is it possible to get Toolset to recognize custom fields associated with CPTs that were created using Post Types Unlimited?
2. Is it possible to get Toolset to recognize single post templates created with Templatera?

Bonus third question, if this has an easy answer:

1. When creating a custom archive template using Toolset, I am including a shortcode (from Geo My WP) within the archive loop. The output of the shortcode appears properly in the Toolset template editor but does not display/render on the archive page itself when not in edit mode. Why?

Thank you!

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-geo-my-wp-shortcode-not-showing-correctly-on-the-front-end/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Welcome to Toolset support and I'd be happy to assist.

> 1. Is it possible to get Toolset to recognize custom fields associated with CPTs that were created using Post Types Unlimited?

- Yes, there is a "Post Field Control" feature available at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Custom Fields, which can be used to control the existing custom fields which were not registered using the Toolset Types.
( ref: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/convert-existing-custom-types-and-fields-to-types-control/#converting-custom-fields )

> 2. Is it possible to get Toolset to recognize single post templates created with Templatera?

- Each page builder like WPBakery, Elementor, etc, uses its own format/structure to generate the content in its templates. So it is not possible to import those content templates inside the Toolset's content template editor.

You may be able to embed third-party content templates inside a Toolset content template but to edit those templates, you'll still need the actual page builder that was used to create them.

As for the third question, I've created a separate ticket for it and will follow up on that shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-geo-my-wp-shortcode-not-showing-correctly-on-the-front-end/ )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.