Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] No styling of GenerateBlocks in a Toolset content template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by lindsayH 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

when I use a GenerateBlocks block (for example the container or grid block) within a Toolset content template, the GB block is stripped of all it's styling on the frontend of the website (wp admin backend displays the block fine). I opened a topic on the GB plugin support page: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gb-toolset-no-block-styling/#post-12968244

I tried to register the generateblocks_do_content function in the Toolset settings at the Theme support for Content Templates field (although GB is plugin not a theme). However this didn't solve the issue. This is the output of the theme support debugging:

Content Template debug:

Calling functions are Toolset\DynamicSources\DynamicSources::get_shortcode_content, Toolset\DynamicSources\DynamicSources::get_source_content, Toolset\DynamicSources\Sources\PostContent::get_content, WP_Hook::apply_filters
Registered valid functions are generateblocks_do_content

Regards,
Richard

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

During testing, I was able to reproduce this behavior on my test website.

I've have shared this with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

Interestingly, the Toolset Blocks plugin offers all the blocks offered by GenerateBlocks plugin out-of-the-box too, with an added advantage that page/post data can be connected with those blocks as a dynamic source:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/gutenberg/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

thanks, I'll await your update.

I found the TS blocks a bit lacking in certain features when they were just released, but I'll have another look at them now. I'm sure they've been improved since then.

Best,
Richard

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Richard,

You're very welcome and I'll keep you updated.

We're constantly improving the Toolset Blocks and they've come a long way from where they've initially started.

Please feel free to try them and share any feedback or suggestions on how we can make them even more useful.

regards,
Waqar

It's been a while, is there an update to this issue? Is a fix to be expected with the next TS Blocks update?

Thanks,
Richard

Sorry, I meant Types instead of Blocks.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Richard,

Thanks for checking in.

I'm afraid, a fix for this is not planned for the upcoming Blocks release, and given that it is not something frequently requested, it might take some time.

In any case, I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Any update on this being fixed? I also prefer using GenerateBlocks.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Matthew,

I'm afraid, we don't have any update to share at the moment, but you can stay subscribed to this thread, to receive notifications about the progress.

regards,
Waqar

Hello, I'm following this thread too - just wondering if there was any update as I understand you have the required information from the plugin developer to implement this - https://toolset.com/errata/generateblocks-styles-lost-on-front-end-when-using-content-templates/

Many thanks

Would like this to be resolved as well... and would love a tighter integration with GeneratePress/GenerateBlocks Pro

Subscribing...