Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Different output in translated language

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,

I use WPML to translate my website and I'm facing an issue to translate a specific dynamic field in a content template.

Please refer to the price field from the below examples, where I need to show the currency symbol in both languages.
English (Correct, it's showing the currency symbol ) - hidden link
Portuguese (Incorrect, it's showing the currency 3-letters code) - hidden link

The currency information is a select field, where the currency symbol is set as the Custom Field Content and the 3-letters code as the display code.

My current code in the content template is:
<p>from [types field='exp-currency' output='raw'][/types][types field='exp-price' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types]/person</p>

How can I make both languages show the currency symbol?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

To troubleshoot and suggest the best way to achieve this, I'll need to see how WPML and these custom fields are set up.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've performed some tests on my website with a similar custom field and the WPML settings, but couldn't reproduce this behaviour.

This suggests that something specific to your website is involved. Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

This will allow us to troubleshoot this in more detail on a test server, without affecting the actual website.

Hi Waqar,

You are authorized to have a copy of the website, however I can't do it with Duplicator as the website is bigger than the free plugin limit. How can I proceed?

Is there any other plugin that you recommend to give you the clone? Anyway, I believe I give you access to FTP, correct?

Thanks and regards,

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission and I managed to download a duplicator package from your website, by excluding the "uploads" folder.

I'm currently performing some tests on that clone and will share my findings as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Great, I didn't know that it was ok to exclude the uploads folder for testing.

thanks again, I'm looking forward to the test feedback.

Hello,

Waqar is on vacation, I will take care this ticket.

And I am trying to export the database dump file from your website to my localhost, will update here if find anything.

pt-br.JPG

I can install the database duplicator package in my localhost, it works fine, see my screenshot: pt-br.JPG

It does display correct currency character "€".

So there should be other compatibility issue in your website. please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset + WPML plugins, you can download Toolset plugins here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) If the problem is fixed, activate other plugin/theme one by one, try to locate the problem plugin.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.