Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Fields with Dynamically not working with Divi 4.17.3

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi there, I'm a frontend web developer, and am trying to create custom fields with the help of the Toolset plugin. Which I've created successfully. The major issue is that when I'm trying to location these custom fields with the help of Divi Builder for using them dynamically but these fields do not appear there.

Apart from this, I've purchased a ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) plugin, which working 100% fine. But some features am looking for are possible with the heart touched plugin. Please Tell me the proper way to fix this error.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If you're referring to Divi's "Dynamic Content" feature ( hidden link ) Toolset doesn't officially support it and it is maintained solely by the Divi team.

It may only work for the simple text-based Toolset Types fields like the single line type field and you'll also have to make sure that the custom field group is enabled for the post type that is being edited by the Divi builder.
( for example, if you're editing a page using the Divi builder, only the custom fields which are set to show on the "Page" post type will be available in the "Dynamic Content" feature )

For the cases where the Toolset custom fields are not available in the Divi's "Dynamic Content" feature, you can use the Toolset Types Fields API shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

We have a guide on the topic of using Toolset with Divi at:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.