Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Which autoloaded options are needed?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi Toolset,

I have a very large database that is growing, and I am trying to tune it to make it more performant. My hosting provider pointed out that my autoloaded data is growing to be 1.3Mb and I want to try and reduce that amount to be under .8Mb

Here you can see which wp_options.option_names are the largest that are autoloaded. My hosting provider suggested seeing if I could set some of these from autoloaded values 'yes' to 'no'

TOP largest autoloaded wp_options

| LENGTH(option_value) | option_name |
+----------------------+---------------------------------------------+
| 424809 | wpcf-fields |
| 219000 | _transient_toolset_types_cache_sg_postmeta |
| 170983 | _transient_wpv_transient_meta_filter_groups |
| 163469 | wpvdemo-index-xml |
| 69698 | toolset-access-options |
| 63420 | rewrite_rules |
| 51754 | aioseo_options |
| 44626 | wpcf-custom-taxonomies |
| 37615 | wpcf-usermeta |
| 26791 | wpcf-custom-types |
| 25436 | wpcf-access-types |
| 24311 | wc_remote_inbox_notifications_specs |
| 22427 | aioseop_options |
| 16778 | wpcf-termmeta |
| 16390 | wp_user_roles |
| 13547 | otgs-installer-log |
| 12820 | wpcf-access-3rd-party |
| 12739 | aioseo_options_localized |
| 11307 | woocommerce_tracker_ua |

Can my largest option, the 'wpcf-fields' option, not be autoloaded?
Can any of these other 'wpcf' large options autoload be changed from 'yes' to 'no' ?

Thanks,
Harry

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Harry,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

We have an internal ticket to introduce a filter that can be used to turn off autoloading of Types custom field options from the wp_options table, but, I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at the moment.

For now, you can follow these steps:

1. Please check your website and remove any unused custom fields, taxonomies, and post types.

2. If you'd like to further reduce the autoloaded data size, you can make a backup of the database and set autoloading of "wpvdemo-index-xml" option to 'no' as it was added during the import of the demo content and shouldn't be needed now.

3. Setting autoloaded to 'no' for other Toolset options is not tested and can result in unexpected results, so it would be a good idea to test that only on a staging website and not the production.

Challenge for a plugin like a Toolset is to maintain a balance between performance and ease-of-use. Common users would expect Toolset functionalities to work on all pages, without having to make a lot of adjustments or decisions, on their part. In light of that, introducing a detection mechanism to only load these options on the actual pages where Toolset components are used, can itself negatively affect the overall performance.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks Waqar for the help, I will be looking forward to that feature when it arrives in a future update.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.