Skip Navigation

[Resolved] waqas please 1 of final 3!!

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

these are the last few items left waqar then im done and will sleep again.... i could do with doing these last bits fast as i other commitment awaiting me....

here hidden link if you croll down to thirdplace you will be greeted with
Handler: test person E B 24343 Affix Grumpy test person A A 23422 Affix MALLOWDALE test person B B 34323 Affix gommorah

(i have done owners,handler,breeder all the same way.. but the data isnt entered that show the fault on these yet)

i understand what is wrong (we are getting the role handlers for the dog) and i understand i want the queery the role for handler against the event , i just dont see how i can do that?

as i re use this view a few times it is across the site this problem if i can get this functioning i can see how to correct the others.

thanks waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting us and glad that you're making progress.

If your goal for that line ( i.e. "Handler: test person E B 24343 Affix Grumpy test person A A 23422 Affix MALLOWDALE test person B B 34323 Affix gommorah" ) is to show the person's information who participated in the event "MUNCASTER GUNDOG CLUB Copy", in the "Handler" role for the dog "TEST DOG 2", then your view "view to show person in results of an event on single event page" ( ref: hidden link ) is configured correctly.

The problem is not with the view, but the data, more specifically the records in the post type "Person Appearances".

There are 3 posts in this post type, where the "Person Appearance Dog" is "TEST DOG 2", "Person Appearance Role" is "Handler", and the event is "MUNCASTER GUNDOG CLUB Copy".

test dog 2 muncater copy 5th:
hidden link

test person a dog 2 at utility:
hidden link

person b muncaster handler test dog 2:
hidden link

This means that based on the available data, this view is correctly showing those 3 records and if you only want to keep one person appearance post associated in this case, then you should delete the other 2 posts.

I hope this clarifies.

regards,
Waqar

so i have caused this by randomly entering data for testing!! the other 2 oustanding where the main issue as i cant progress without those...

this one is the handler at event muncaster copy
test dog 2 muncater copy 5th:
hidden link

this one is a handler at a diferent event (utilty) and has no association with the event on view
test person a dog 2 at utility:
hidden link

this one is the handler at event muncaster copy (my mistake and will be deleted)
person b muncaster handler test dog 2:
hidden link

as you can see handler a handler not associated to the event is being displayed.

any advice?

i just added a owner as a test. (hidden link)
this owner was for test dog 2 at utility event , it how ever shows as a owner on the muncaster under test dog 2 owner.
this isnt functioning correctly , i need JUST the owner and handler related to the current event displaying , i tried to correct with no success ...... thanks

hi waqar this is repeating across the whole site , a dog can only have 1 handler,owner at an event , it displayes all the handlers of a dog on an event instead. this is my biggest hurdle as of the moment , i had another go but still havnt managed to sort this

hi waqar , i know i'm pushing my luck , but if i can get this sorted today then my toolset journey is complete , with a easily maintained system ,easy data input and doing EVERYTHING i always wanted and more , i really do appreciate your time,knowledge and obvious expertise.
thanks
martin

any suggestions for this waqar?>

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Martin,

Sorry about the delay on this and will reply to this ticket shortly.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Martin,

If you'll check the view "view to show person in results of an event on single event page" ( hidden link ), you'll see there are two query filters, one for the role and other for the dog.

Screenshot: hidden link

But if you would also like to restrict the results, based on the current event post, then you'll need to include a post-relationship filter for it as well.

Screenshot: hidden link

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

waq5.png

absolutely brilliant!! and also very logical to i am embarrassed to say , i should of realised that!

so i understand that , so if i impemt the sme logic here hidden link , and then goto hidden link , why is there no data now shown ?

if i can undertnd this final bit i think im all set. imge attached thanks waqar

this only appears to work for a single event waqar , here hidden link
using view called rom single_event.php ,view to show dog appearances in single event page organiser 1 , then calls view to show person in results of an event on single event page

the outome is no items found , these last 4/5 views with the handler and owners is baffling and out of my zone im afraid, my worst fears of the views taking a month or more are coming true im pulling my hair out here....

any houghts on this waqar, i had another go but same outcone,thx

waqar if you are to busy to deal with this could you please unassigned the ticket so i can get some support today as i ned to get this sorted and it been same for a week thanks
martin

any joy waqar? i only have 1 more day then im into next week again.....

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.