Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Footer jump up on top of the archive page with Avada theme

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Footer jump up on top of the archive page with Avada theme

Solution:
The issue is with the Avada theme as the div is rendered with 0 height.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/tags-and-categories-not-opening-back-up-to-toolset-view-page/page/2/#post-957236

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: I want my users to be able to click on a tag or category and have it open that topic up within the Toolset page. I want the search to happen on the "Hub page" where the Toolset view has been created.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: For both tags and categories it leads to empty pages, even though there is content or to a page that lists some titles and says "read more". Read more also leads to a page without any info.

It seems you did not yet create an Archive for hidden link (categories)?

Please try this:

1. Toolset > WordPress Archives
2. If there is no archive for Categories, please create one. If there is one, please open it to edit
3. Make sure it is assigned to the Categories and has something to show in the Loop output editor

Then, the archive should show the content you intend to.

Here you can read more about how to style archives in general:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/

Since you use AVADA, there are a few special things to know and for reference:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/

The same is probably valid for the "Read More".
The read more, usually redirects to the single Post.
If that Post has no Content Template it'll display with AVADA settings, hence, not display any Custom Fields for example.
How to solve that (create a Content Template) you can read here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

Please let us know if you still see a white area after.

Thank you. That helps. Now in the Archive loop I added this code:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-submit output="bootstrap"] &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp [wpv-filter-reset output="bootstrap"]
[/wpv-filter-controls]
<div class="form-group">
<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Topics[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="topic" type="select" default_label="TOPIC" url_param="wpv-topic"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Categories[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="category" type="select" default_label="SUB TOPIC" url_param="wpv-category"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Teachers[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="teacher" type="select" default_label="TEACHER" url_param="wpv-teacher"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<div class="form-group">
<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Text Search[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-filter-search-box output="bootstrap"]

</div>
</div>
[wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-submit output="bootstrap"] &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp [wpv-filter-reset output="bootstrap"]
[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop>
<p class="title"> [types field='title'][/types]</p>

<h2>[wpv-post-taxonomy type="teacher"]</h2>

[types field='description'][/types]

<p class="btn">[types field='link' title='Go To Website' target="_blank"] [/types]</p>

<p>Tags: [wpv-post-taxonomy type="post_tag"]
<p>Categories: [wpv-post-taxonomy type="category"]
<hr/>
</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

I want the search to appear and the looped content for that specified category or tag. What happens is that it appears but the footer then loads over the top and covers the search section. If you scroll below the footer, the looped content does display. See example: hidden link

How do control the footer to display at the end of the of looped content instead of at the beginning?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - this is strange. Do you see the same issue when you switch to the default theme 2017?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hello,

Please check the wordpress archive:
hidden link

Click "Screen Option", and enable all options.

In section "Search and Pagination", you did not put the search field in the form, but you put those search fields in the section "Loop Editor", and there is un-closed HTML div tag in your codes.
It conduct the problem, I suggest you regenerate the filters and loop again, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
and switch to wordpress default theme and test again.

And the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link
It is a tag archive page, so the query filter on tag will not work in the tag archive page.

Hi,

We are still having issues with the footer. It works properly in the regular view. We are using the same code in the archive yet it does not work. What do we have to do to fix this?

We have already read through the documentation you sent us and turned off plugins and tested in another theme. It didn't help. Additionally, you guys have already been testing it in other themes and seeing that it doesn't work. I know this because I had to change it back to my theme, but before I did that I could see the footer was in the wrong place.

Can you please provide the answer? We are going live with site next week.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - unfortunately, wp-admin access details you shared is not working at this end. Could you please send me working wp-admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - The wp-admin access details still not working. I also asked to check the same to my college and for him it does not work.

Could you please send me working wp-admin and FTP access details.

Minesh
Supporter

First of all - After login to wp-admin I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend to run your site with latest stable release plugin version.

Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official released version.

You can download latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Additionally, I would like to update you that with Types 3.0 we implemented a major changes with post relationship. Please follow the following blogs without fail BEFORE you update and understand changes.
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/toolset-post-relationships-release/
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/when-if-to-migrate-relationships-in-old-toolset-sites/

Its better to run your site always with Latest Toolset plugins to avoid future conflicts. If you are running live site - please create a staging site and update plugins there and play with them and then go for live which is the way I should recommend.

Your reply does not address my issue with the footer being in the wrong place. Who do I need to speak with to get this figured out?

I updated what I could. There is no automatic update for Types and Views. And now it is saying I have to have a valid subscription. But I have one. You have my login admin access. I have backups. Please just fix this.

This shouldn't be this difficult.... sigh

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I would like to know here, is this your LIVE site - If yes, its not recommended that we should make changes or debug the things on your live site.

As I admit before Types 3.0 was a major release with new M2M relationship.

Again I'm adding, I would like to update you that with Types 3.0 we implemented a major changes with post relationship. Please follow the following blogs without fail BEFORE you update and understand changes.
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/toolset-post-relationships-release/
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/when-if-to-migrate-relationships-in-old-toolset-sites/

So, if the site you shared is a staging site, I will proceed with updating ALL Toolset plugins to latest release first. If it's a LIVE site, I need a staging site to work on.

Hello - this is not a live site. I appreciate your help in making the changes and updates.

I understand about the 3.0 update.

Thank you ,

Cindy

Minesh
Supporter

Well - this issue does not look from Toolset as I found following:

If you look at the div that holds the results or archive has inline CSS style and height set to 0 height: 0px;
=> hidden link

<div class="fusion-posts-container fusion-blog-layout-grid fusion-blog-layout-grid-2 isotope fusion-blog-pagination " data-pages="1" style="position: relative; height: 0px;">

This is coming from theme and not Toolset. Please check from your CSS or theme from where this coming from and try to resolve your issue. Once you remove height:0 - the footer issue will be automatically fixed.

We are now waiting onAvada to see if they agree with what you FINALLY told us and provide a solution.

Using Toolset support is painful. Look at the replies that didn’t provide any help.

For the future what do we need to do to get better service? We think we are being clear. I know there were login issues but at the end of the day that didn’t even matter. What do we need to do to help on our side?

Also even if you are in a test site should you leave it a mess? Change up a bunch of stuff and not even try to put it back?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - Toolset support is always set to provide you support whenever you need and share all possible solution if available.

I'm sorry if you feel so that you are not guided with best support but whatever your feeling is not intentional at all. And regarding the test site, that is why we ask test site so that we can play with it and debug it freely and at last get back to you with reason whats causing the issue.

Also even if you are in a test site should you leave it a mess? Change up a bunch of stuff and not even try to put it back?
From next time, if you want to put everything back with test site as well, just add it to your reply to supporters so that they will be aware that whatever changes they do on your site should be reverted back and you will not feel that the changes are not reverted back to normal with test site.

Thank you for understanding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.