Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Split: WPML conflicting with the archive's content

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi, I found another WPML ralated bug on the same website. I've a classic view custom archive.

In the Output Editor area I've added a couple of blocks content templates to display taxonomy term title, description and some custom fields with shortcodes.

If I deactivate WPML the content templates output is not displayed. The taxonomy term content is there, also the custom fields are corretly filled.

Actually if I use [wpv-taxonomy-archive] and [types termmeta='description-2'][/types] directly in the custom archive Output Editor area, they are correctly displayed.

is this another bug?

cheers

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

If you're calling the content templates in the classic editor archive, you must be using the "wpv-post-body" shortcode for this.

Can you please check if changing the attribute "suppress_filters" to 'true' or 'false' has any effect?
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body )

regards,
Waqar

Hi, I've tested with:

[wpv-post-body view_template="archive-for-sight-taxonomies-top" suppress_filters="true"]

and

[wpv-post-body view_template="archive-for-sight-taxonomies-top" suppress_filters="false"]

same result...

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for confirming that.

On a clean test website, I couldn't reproduce this behavior, so there must be something specific to your website involved.

If you'd like us to investigate this further, I'll need your permission to download your website's clone and then test in on a different server.

Ok, no problem, you can clone it.

cheers

Waqar
Supporter

Sorry about the delay in getting back on this, as we had an unusually busy forum queue over the weekend.

I've downloaded the website's clone and will be performing some tests. Will share the findings as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this and will share the findings within the next few hours.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During further testing, I was able to reproduce this issue, and actually, it doesn't involve WPML usage.

When using the classic/legacy editor archives, the shortcode ‘wpv-post-body’ to call a content template, only works within the loop of the archive. It renders nothing when used outside the loop.
(WPML seems to apply its own content filters, which allows this to work when that is active)

I've shared this report with the concerned team for further review and thank you for bringing this forward.