Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Different templates being used for Products

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Thanks for your help. I am working with Archive Templates and Views. My questions:
1) For the Archive Template, I have seen a tutorial online that shows layout function that I do not see on my version of toolset - see attached screenshot of tutorial. Why is it that I cannot access this grid editor on my screen?

2) I created a WordPress Template for Products with 3 columns and product data under the image. But I cannot see what this Template looks like and I don't know how to use this template for my shop. I tried to change the selection of Woocommerce Views Product Archive Template File between the 2 options but they do not seem to be picking up the template that I created I created. See attached screenshot of the WP template for Products that I created but don't know what it looks like.

3) I have a Toolset Views Grid View for Products - is there any way that I can use this existing View Template and apply it to the Archive template? It has all the information I need but I do not how to connect it. See attached screenshot of where the Grid View is that I'd like to use for my Archive.

All the questions are related to the same issue Product Archive Template - I am trying to create a new tempatle or use the template I have.

Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Gina,

The point 2 & 3 are closely related to your most recent message which will be covered in a separate ticket.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-different-templates-being-used-for-products-2/ )

As for point 1, the grid layout screen shown in the tutorial is from our Toolset Layouts plugin. But since you're using the "Elementor" page builder plugin on your website, you don't need that specific plugin and can control the layout aspect using the Elementor plugin.

You'll find the details guide on using the Toolset and the Elementor plugins together at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

I hope this clarifies.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.