Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Different templates being used for Products

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: I have created a Single Product Template using Toolset. The issue is that using the Toolset templates overrode the default woocommerce settings: the shopping chart would appear on Navigation Bar once customer adds an item. Now when a Customer adds an item to Cart, the screen goes black and there is no way to check out.
How do I fix this?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
You can see the error by adding an item to the cart: hidden link

I expected to see: the standard Woocommerce settings when adding an item to a cart and for the Shopping Basket to appear on the Nav Bar with number of items.

Instead, I got: A darker screen. And when I click on View Cart, it says the cart is Empty (even though the item was added several times). So there is no way to check out.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Gina

I checked your link and saw the problem. There is a JavaScript error on the page when you add something to the cart, and the file which is the source of the error comes from the OceanWP theme.

So I tested that myself locally, using OceanWP with WooCommerce and Toolset to create a single product template, but I didn't see the same, it worked correctly.

So I'll need to take a closer look at your set up to see if I can identify what specifically is the cause.

You have duplicator installed, so I've taken a copy of the site. I'll install it locally to test further, and will get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm making some progress on the copy of your site, but I can't reproduce the problems on my own site, so there appears to be something particular about your set up or settings causing the issue.

Because you know your site better than I do, perhaps you have some insight.

I found that by disabling all plugins except Types, Views, WooCommerce Views and WooCommerce, the add-to-cart works.

I still see the same JS error in the browser console, and I cannot reproduce it, but it is not preventing the add-to-cart from working.

If I add back Elementor and Elementor Pro plugins then the issue occurs, the add-to-cart doesn't work as expected.

When I add these to my own test site to see if I experience the same, I do not, it works correctly.

Here's where I'm stuck.

On my site I don't have the dark modal pop-up the way you have on your site, and I have no idea where it comes from.

This is presumably some option you have set somewhere, and it may be significant.

Toolset_Archive_Views_Grid.jpg
Toolset_Archive_edit_myview.jpg
Toolset_Archive_edit.jpg

Thanks for your help. I am working with Archive Templates and Views. My questions:
1) For the Archive Template, I have seen a tutorial online that shows layout function that I do not see on my version of toolset - see attached screenshot of tutorial. Why is it that I cannot access this grid editor on my screen?

2) I created a WordPress Template for Products with 3 columns and product data under the image. But I cannot see what this Template looks like and I don't know how to use this template for my shop. I tried to change the selection of Woocommerce Views Product Archive Template File between the 2 options but they do not seem to be picking up the template that I created I created. See attached screenshot of the WP template for Products that I created but don't know what it looks like.

3) I have a Toolset Views Grid View for Products - is there any way that I can use this existing View Template and apply it to the Archive template? It has all the information I need but I do not how to connect it. See attached screenshot of where the Grid View is that I'd like to use for my Archive.

All the questions are related to the same issue Product Archive Template - I am trying to create a new tempatle or use the template I have.

Thank you

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-different-templates-being-used-for-products/

Toolset_Archive_Views_WP.jpg
Toolset_Archive_Views_WP.jpg

Update: I figured out how to see what the WP Products Template I created looks like and have added some Custom Fields. However I selected a custom layout with 3 columns and 3 rows but instead I have one long and uneven list. See attached 2 screens showing the long list with uneven margin on the left.

Once the template is finished, I dont know how to apply the Products template to the areas that I want. For example, the default Woocommerce template is still being used.

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-different-templates-being-used-for-products-2/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Gina,

Nigel is away for holidays, but I'll be happy to follow up on this ticket.

As per our support policy ( https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ), only one question or issue can be addressed per ticket.

To avoid confusion and keep things simple, I've split your messages, in different tickets and will follow up accordingly.

This particular ticket was about the add to cart functionality in the menu. I've tested it and can no longer reproduce the issue.

Can you please confirm, if the issue still persists? If not, please close this ticket by marking this tickets as resolved.

If you still see something out of place, please share the steps to reproduce along with the updated admin area access details.
(the username and password that you've shared earlier no longer seems to work)

I've set your next reply as private so that only you and our support team will have access to it.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.