Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Site Key Change + Custom Field Issue

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katieS-2 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

I have an issue and a question.

Question: I just migrated my site from domain network.givinglight.org to givinglightcollective.com. The Toolset access key was set for the former domain. How do I change this over to the new domain?

Issue: I have a custom field in a template (called businesses) that is linked to a URL field. When clicked, it should go to the URL entered. However, instead it is redirecting to an internal URL with the custom URL added on. For example, the URL entered in the URL field is hidden link. When clicked, it redirects to: hidden link. I can't seem to make sense of what is happening here.

The site can only be accessed by registered users. Admin credentials are:
{removed}

Thanks in advance!
Katie

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Katie,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Once the website's domain has been changed, you'll need to delete the old Toolset site key and register using a new one, as explained at:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/#migrating-registration-to-a-different-domain

I noticed that in the post "Hilton Consulting, LLC", the "Website" field has the incomplete website's address.
( it has "www.DrMelodye.com" instead of "hidden link" )

To avoid a data entry issue like this, it would be best to turn on the "URL" validation option in this and other "URL" type custom fields, so that the incomplete or invalid URLs can't be saved.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for your help.

I have done as you said with the site key, however, when I go to register the new site key, I get a cURL error 7. What is the reason for this?

On the website field, that makes sense and I have done as you suggested.

Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Katie,

First, I apologize for the delay in getting back on this, as we had an unusually busy queue over the weekend.

During troubleshooting on your website, I noticed that in the "Site Health" section ( at WP Admin -> Tools -> Site Health ) there are two separate issues logged related to cURL and http_request_failed.
( screenshot: hidden link )

This suggests that the website is having difficultly in communicating with external servers in general and it is not specific to the Toolset update server.

I'll recommend to turn on WordPress debugging ( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ ) and see if any other errors or warnings are shown on the screen and/or in the server's error log.

One point that you'll need to confirm from your hosting or CDN provider is that whether there are any firewall or security modules ( e.g. mod_security ) involved that could block the outgoing cURL requests.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I contacted my web host and they told me that I will need to get from you the specific IPs (or IP ranges) that need to be whitelisted in order to allow for the outgoing cURL request.

Can you provide this for me?

Thanks,
Katie

I was able to resolve with my web host. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.