Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Include taxonomies in search result with Relevanssi

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi, I've activated Relevanssi Pro to include taxonomies in the standard WP search result.
I've also created a custom archive for Search results with Toolset. The problem is that taxonomy terms don't appear in the search result. Toolset only offers the option to choose CPTs. 

Is there a way to include taxonomies?

cheers

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm not sure, if I understand the requirement, correctly.

When you enable the taxonomy for indexing through Relevanssi, it is included in the search criteria for the text-based search. However, the taxonomy terms will only show in the search results though, if you've added a shortcode or a block to show them, specifically.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you meant something else.

regards,
Waqar

custom.jpg
set.jpg
wp.jpg

Hi Waqar, is I use default theme and no custom archive, the serach result includes taxonomy terms (see image wp.jpg).
If I create a custom archive I cannot select taxonomies (see set.jpg) and I don't get taxonomy terms in the result (see custom.jpg).

How can I include taxonomy terms archives in the search result?

cheers

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing this update and I understand what you mean. When the Toolset's archive is set to be used for the search results, Relevanssi's feature to include the taxonomy term pages in the search results doesn't seem to work.

Can you please provide a copy of Relevanssi Premium plugin, so that I can test and investigate this further on my test website? I'll be in a better position to report this to the concerned team and see if some quick workaround can be arranged.

I'm setting your next reply as private.

Hi Waqar, any news?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as we were a little light on the coverage, due to the holidays.

I'm going to resume testing around this and will get back to you, as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Waqar, we decided for a different solution, we are still not using relevanssi.

cheers

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I can confirm that Relevanssi's feature for showing the archives pages in search is not supported by Toolset's search archive.
( because it is designed to handle only the loop for the post items and archives are not that )

One possible workaround, for someone with an absolute requirement, can be to create a regular page for each archive page that should be searchable and then set that page to redirect to the relevant archive page.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.