Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Importing custom taxonomy data into hundreds of posts (using All Import?)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The customer asked if Toolset plugins include any built-in feature to import category metadata into different custom taxonomies.

Solution:

Guided that the Toolset plugins don't include any built-in feature for the bulk import of data, but, one can use the All Import plugin to import the taxonomy terms and their term fields/meta.

Relevant Documentation:

https://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/taxonomies/import-taxonomy-meta/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I want to import category metadata for thousands of posts into three different custom taxonomies.
(I have a license for All Import that I can use with Toolset if needed.)

I'm following this documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

I have a support question into All Import tech support, but is this mass importation functionality built into Toolset somehow?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset plugins don't include any built-in feature for the bulk import of data, but, you can use the All Import plugin to import the taxonomy terms and their term fields/meta.
( ref: hidden link )

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.