Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Import/export specific cpts and related custom fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Author

I was just thinking - it would be great to be able to export specific CPT and their custom fields individually.

For example, on pretty much every site I use CPT: 'testimonials' & 'slider' - rather than recreating these each time - how good would it be to export/import them?

'team', 'portfolio', 'services' are others which come to mind.

Good / bad idea?

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Thanks for the feedback.

Toolet plugins pack their own export/import mechanism, so you can move stuctures around. In fact, we have Module Manager to let you move pieces of the structure of a site to another site. For example, if you have a post type Testimonials with a taxonomy Department, and a View to show a tstimonials slider using a Content Template, you can create a Module that wil hold the post type, its fields and taxonomies definitions, and the related Views.

What is missing there, compared to your request, is the dama management. We do not export post contents, etc. I must state that we do nto have plans to do so. The main reason is that there are already some plugins that cover this, and also that there are some problems that we do not want to have to solve twice if they already solved them (like attachments or objects relations).

You might be interested in this third party plugin:
hidden link

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ha Ha - perfect - Module Manager is what I was after - that is going to speed things up 🙂

Thanks Juan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.