Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor Background Image not showing correctly on View

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jaime 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
screenshot_views_elementor.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi!
I want to return to a previous ticket I opened and marked as solved.
Here you have the url
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/image-field-not-showing-correctly-elementor/

-> I understand that probably the issue here is not concerned to Toolset, so if this is right, please tell me and I will marked this ticket as solved. Don't want to waste your time with other plugins problems.
-> I wrote to Elementor support/community in order to find a solution there. Still waiting.
-> I found a temporary solution with Image fields, so this is not an urgent ticket.

· I want to return to the ticket to add some information.
I found the problem only appears with Background Images (If I insert an Image Field, the behavior is correct) and only when I insert the Template shortcode on Views.
I created a Template with Elementor, and it displays correctly on the web, but when I insert it in Views, it's seems that is Views who displays the wrong background image. I'm not sure of that, but it seems to me that the problem is here.

What is the link to your site?
You have access on the previous ticket, but if you need a new one, I'll be glad of give you access.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I can have this investigated in light of this new information that issue only appears when using the Elementor template inside a Toolset view.

Can you please share temporary admin login details again along with the example link where the template can be seen with and without the view?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi there Waqar!
Did you red my last message?
Thanks!
🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

I noticed that the way the "Elementor Custom Skin" background image feature works, it re-uses the first post in the view's loop as a background source.

To overcome this limitation, you can use a workaround, where you can wrap the "Cursos Waqar" view's loop item output, within a special div with class "elementor-custom-template-wrapper-[wpv-post-id]", so that it is unique for each loop result:

<div class="elementor-custom-template-wrapper-[wpv-post-id]">
[elementor-template id="1333"]
</div>

Next, you can include some custom CSS code in the view's loop item content, to set the current result's featured image, as a background:

<style>
.elementor-custom-template-wrapper-[wpv-post-id] .elementor-section-wrap .elementor-section .elementor-background-overlay {
background-image: url([wpv-post-featured-image size="full" output="url"]);
}
</style>

You can see this working on the page "Cursos Waqar".

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Incredible support always!
🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.