Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying the value from the "Show one of these two values" from a custom field

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Please see this screen recording to see the problem: hidden link.

I've entered a value via the "Show one of these two values", but it still keeps showing the value in the database instead of the value I entered there.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From the screencast, it seems that in the content template, the field is set to show the 'raw' value and not the 'normal' value.

In the 'raw' output mode, the stored value from the database will always show, so please make sure that you're using the 'normal' mode.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I'm using inline dynamic content, how can I set that to "normal"? There's no setting for that in the sidebar, like there is when using a single field.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back and your observation is correct.

When using the inline dynamic content feature, there are no additional controls for the field's output.

I'm afraid, for this particular requirement, you'll either have to use the "Single Field" block or the "Fields and Text" block to insert the field's shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#checkboxes

If you face any difficulty in making the field's text appear in line with the rest of the text, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, so that I can see the output and suggest some workaround or custom CSS code accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Ok, that's too bad. Please pass that on to the developers as a feature request.

I don't need help anymore with this issue, I fixed it by using a single field block and I've used CSS:before and :after for the text around it.

Another feature request: Divi and other page builders offer a field to set text before and after a dynamic content field. Toolset should have that as well.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.