Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Designating Toolset Filed in Yoast SEO Meta Description

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shellyS-2 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.03.56 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to specify dynamic Toolset content to be used in the Yoast SEO: Meta Description field.
Example: on my Post type, I would like to add something similar to "[types field='community-description'][/types]" in the Yoast Meta Description. Does a functionality exist?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/2018/09/types-views-and-forms-with-yoast-seo-compatibility-and-custom-code-support/
However, "tell Yoast which custom field include content for SEO" link is broken.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Screenshot attached for reference.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some testing and research online and found that although shortcodes don't work inside the Yoast SEO plugin's meta description field, you can use its template tag feature, to call the custom field values.
( source: hidden link )

Format:
%%cf_{custom-field-slug}%%

Where you'll replace "{custom-field-slug}" with the actual slug of your custom field. Since the custom fields added through the Toolset Types have the suffix "wpcf-" too, you'll also include it, in the tag.

For example, if your custom field's slug for a Toolset Types field is "post-description", the full template tag will be:
%%cf_wpcf-post-description%%

This seems to be working on my test website and you can either include it in the meta description field, available on the individual post/page edit screen or, add it through the global post type settings at WP Admin -> Yoast SEO -> Search Appearance -> Content Types.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.