Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template being used on all unique post types

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by garyK-5 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello... I've set up a content template for a single CPT and set the usage for just that custom post type. However, the template is being used on all different posts/CPT. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this content template is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to an example post that should not be using that template?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

I noticed that your website has only one content template "Template for Inventory Items", which is assigned to the post type "Inventory Items".

It is showing correctly to the existing posts in this post type, as well as the new test post ("Test item from TS support"), that I added.

If the issue is fixed now after switching the theme, you're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

If you'd like us to investigate the compatibility issue with another theme, please share the exact steps to reproduce the issue and we'll proceed, accordingly.

I guess I didn't explain the problem properly. The issue was with the Custom Post Type which was set for all field groups. I jumped the gun and should have checked this after the theme change. In any case, I reset this and it's now working properly. Thanks for looking into the issue. The issue is now resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.