Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content in WYSIWYG Field was deleted when first saving was made

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: create a new CPT post from type Printing machine and save it

I expected to see: after the saving the content of the WYSIWYG Feild Detailinformations

Instead, I got: after first saving was only in these field the complete content deleted.
All other content in singlefields, images or in textfield are still there.

Here you can see the behavior:
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

We have an open issue where in some cases the content saved in the WYSIWYG field doesn't appear to be saved correctly when using the 'Visual' tab.
( the content is getting saved in the background but only the field doesn't show it in the 'Visual' tab )

This is already reported and being worked on by the concerned team:
https://toolset.com/errata/visual-tab-of-wysiwyg-fields-may-not-initialize-correctly-appear-not-to-save-data/

For now, can you please go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Post Types and enable the 'Editor' option (under 'Sections to display when editing') in this "Printing Machine" post type settings? Enabling the editor (post content) option is known to fix this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

the wordaround helps, but it has the disadvantage that a not used wysiwyg field was shown.
How could we get the info, that the linked errrata was fixed?

Bye Thomas

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that the workaround helps.

I've added this ticket to a follow-up list and will let you know once the fix for this releases.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.