Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Connecting Events Calendar with a Custom Post type

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
My client wants to have recent events (Events Calendar) and recent news (custom post type) to appear on the home page by post date. I'm using Avada post cards to style the information and have the option to use one post type with categories. I thought the intermediary post type was the way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

I just need News and Events to appear on the home page without having to input the information twice. Seems like that should be doable... I'm loosing money by the second... can you tell me how to make this work? If I'm asking Toolset to do something it is not designed to do, please let me know that as well. Thanks for your help!

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Not really, just watched the videos.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This requirement will become much simpler if you replace Avada's postcard with a Toolset view. That is because, unlike the postcards, Toolset views support showing posts from multiple post types, within the same list.

You'll just create a view set to show 'Events' and 'News' post types, ordered by the post dates.
( ref: https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1621261-1622283/ )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.