Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add target="_blank" to repeating fields

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cna-serviziS 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Schermata 2022-09-27 alle 11.08.51.png

Hi there,
for a post type I created some File custom fields so I can upload pdfs and so on by inserting their link to the media file.
On the end page I created a view that displays them through a repeating field.
I'm trying to find a way to make the link open in a new tab. I figured I could use the target="_blank" in the inline styles but this didn't work. What am I doing wrong? (see screenshot)

as usual, thank you for your help

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

repeating-field-block-settings.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Assuming you're using the "Repeating Field" block, you can set its display mode to "Custom" and adjust the HTML output as needed.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-for-each )

For example, if your file type custom field's slug is "post-files", the HTML for the output, with the target="_blank" attribute, can look like this:
( example screenshot attached )

<ol>
[wpv-for-each field="wpcf-post-files"]
	<li>
	<a href="[types field='post-files' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank">[types field='post-files' output='raw'][/types]</a>
	</li>
[/wpv-for-each]
</ol>

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

For the "Repeating Field" block for the "File PDF" custom field, I've added the slightly updated custom code and it seems to be picking up the custom CSS styles for the icon, correctly:

[wpv-for-each field="wpcf-file-pdf"]
    <a class="special-link-pdf" href="[types field='file-pdf' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank">[types field='file-pdf' output='raw'][/types]</a>
[/wpv-for-each]

You can update the other "Repeating Field" blocks, accordingly too.

Waqar, thank you so much! Works perfectly now 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.