Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Will toolset work for an Auction site?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm looking to build 2 auction sites and wondering if Toolset is the right fit.

I'm looking to create a custom post type for auctions. It will have an event date field. I need to be able to create a list (view) of upcoming auctions and then another list (view) of past auctions. Will Toolset allow me to apply filters so that I can filter the list of events by past auctions and by upcoming auctions. Once an auction date has pasted it would automatically be moved from one list to the other.

Also can Toolset create an RSS feed that can be used by MailChimp to send emails when a new auction is added?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

For clarity, when I say I'm building an auction site I'm not talking about an Ebay like site. All I'm needing is a list of upcoming events (auctions) and a list of past events (auctions). Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The toolset plugins can be a good fit for the directory websites that you're planning. They'll allow you to add a date type field, which can then be used in the views to filter by either upcoming or past date criteria:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/date-filters/

The RSS feed feature is something that is managed by WordPress, out-of-the-box. This means that you'll be able to use MailChimp (or any other email marketing tool of your choice), with the posts added through Toolset.

We have a useful guide on building a directory/listing websites using Toolset at:
https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-directory-and-classifieds-sites/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.