Skip Navigation

[Closed] Video is not displayed

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Снимок экрана 2023-09-04 в 10.55.07.png

I am trying to: edit template

I expected to see: vide is displayed

Instead, I got: black square

Please advise why it's happened and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!
Anton

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Anton

How are you trying to display the video? Does the video URL come from a custom field?

What is the field type?

And can you share an example of what value you have saved in the custom field?

Снимок экрана 2023-09-04 в 21.45.03.png
Снимок экрана 2023-09-04 в 21.42.53.png

video via toolset video

video are .mp4 and .mov

video is displayed as black square in edit mode while on front end it's displayed correctly.

If I press on video, choose edit as HTML and then edit visually then video is displayed correctly.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 08.53.54.png

To clarify, the videos display fine on the front end, the concern is that the preview when editing the Content Template doesn't display correctly?

When editing a Content Template there is a selector at the top of the page to switch which post is used to generate the preview.

Does the post being used for the preview have a value for the video field?

If you switch to use a different post for the preview does the video display in the preview correctly?

correct, it display correctly on front-end. The issue only in editing mode.

selected post at the top contains attached video in the template.

whatever I select nothing is display.

Nigel
Supporter

In that case I'm not sure what the explanation might be (it works correctly on my test site).

The next step would be to confirm that the problem occurs with all plugins except for Types and Blocks disabled, to see if the issue might occur because of a conflict with some other code.

May it be because of lot of videos on one page? If I split it on different pages, it works correctly.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Anton

I had a busy spell and given that this just affects the video previews while editing the content template I didn't consider it urgent.

But I just tested it again, this time adding several video fields to my post type and then including all of those fields in the template. When I edit the template while previewing with a post that has values for all of those video fields the previews work correctly, so I'm still not able to reproduce the problem.

Which leads me to again ask if you tested in a minimal install, as I suggested in my last update?

The topic ‘[Closed] Video is not displayed’ is closed to new replies.