Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using map to drive paginated list

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

AMAZING plugin. Got up and running in a hour or so! Here's the question:

I have a list of around 1800 events across the country that I want to be able to navigate with the map. Ideally I could have a paginated list that refreshes as I move and drill down on the map. (User fiddles with map to refine the shortlist.)

The tutorials do the reverse, using the paginated list to define what is on the map. (User fiddles with list to define the map).

Any thoughts?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Glad that you're finding our plugins useful and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and the way Toolset Maps works, it is dependent on the view's results to show the map markers.
( it doesn't work the other way around where the results change/update, based on the interaction with the map )

A workaround that you can use is to have two separate views on two separate pages:

1. One will have the view and the map, that shows all the results on the map, without the pagination, so a user can drill down to the one near the desired location.

2. The other one will show the view with the paginated results and the search filters (as needed) and the map on this page will only show the results that are currently showing.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.