Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Link to My Account page is not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a signup page created with a signup form, and I would also like to display a link to the My Account page so existing Users can log in instead of registering. The link to the My Account page is not working.

Solution: Be sure to link to the My Account page and not the Content Template ID applied to the My Account page.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

My site is a job information site.
The user role structure I envisioned on this site is:

1. Administrator:
This role would be responsible for managing all the administrative tasks, including adding / editing / deleting of product posts.

2. Job Poster:
As the name indicates, this role would be allowed to add / edit / delete their own job posts.

3. Job Seeker:
This user role would be the most common and would be able search and browse through the available job posts.

Therefore, I set the role only for "2. Job Poster" in the toolset access plugin.

Now, I have a question from here.

I want to be able to handle a series of things such as "user registration", "password reset", and "profile editing" without any problems, but the following problems occur.

Problem 1: I have a link on the sign-up page that says "Already have an account? Login". The link is to the "My Account" page, but the link isn't working.
I have created a group called "logged in users only" in the user role, and set the guest to transition to the login form.

Problem 2. I created a reset password page and set the redirect URL to my account, but it doesn't work.

Problem 3. I'm not sure that the combination of the user role structure and other Toolset settings doesn't allow general users other than job posters to view irrelevant information. I'm sorry to trouble you, but I would like you to help with the verification.

I will issue the required number of tickets for the three questions, so I would like to ask for your support.
If necessary, I will provide you with access information on my test site.

Thank you.

Yoshihiko

If necessary, I will provide you with access information on my test site.
Okay sure, I have enabled private reply fields here so you can share login credentials.

Problem 1: I have a link on the sign-up page that says "Already have an account? Login". The link is to the "My Account" page, but the link isn't working. I have created a group called "logged in users only" in the user role, and set the guest to transition to the login form.
Can you explain what you mean by "the link isn't working"? Is the link displayed on the sign up page? Is the URL of the link destination incorrect? Is the login form not displayed correctly on this URL for guest Users? Please provide a URL for the sign-up page so I can test this functionality.

Problem 2. I created a reset password page and set the redirect URL to my account, but it doesn't work.
Problem 3. I'm not sure that the combination of the user role structure and other Toolset settings doesn't allow general users other than job posters to view irrelevant information. I'm sorry to trouble you, but I would like you to help with the verification.
I will split these questions into separate tickets for your convenience. In a few moments, you should receive notifications by email with links to the new tickets.

Okay in this case, I think the correct link should be:

<a href="[wpv-post-url item='252']"> Already have you an account? Log in </a>

You want to send Users to the My Account page. The My Account page is ID 252. The shortcode was pointing to post ID 419, but that is not quite right. 419 is the Login Form Content Template. Instead of pointing to the Content Template, the link URL should point to the My Account page.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.