Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User role, user registration, and reset password feature

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

My site is a job information site.
The user role structure I envisioned on this site is:

1. Administrator:
This role would be responsible for managing all the administrative tasks, including adding / editing / deleting of product posts.

2. Job Poster:
As the name indicates, this role would be allowed to add / edit / delete their own job posts.

3. Job Seeker:
This user role would be the most common and would be able search and browse through the available job posts.

Therefore, I set the role only for "2. Job Poster" in the toolset access plugin.

Now, I have a question from here.

I want to be able to handle a series of things such as "user registration", "password reset", and "profile editing" without any problems, but the following problems occur.

Problem 2. I created a reset password page and set the redirect URL to my account, but it doesn't work.

If necessary, I will provide you with access information on my test site.

Thank you.

Yoshihiko

Hello, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here, and let me know where I can find the reset password page. I will take a look and give you some feedback.

reset-link.png
redirect-original-2.png
redirect-original-1.png

Hello, I reviewed the diagram and it looks pretty good at first glance. I logged in and found that the URLs in the wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url and the wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url were pointing to the wrong URLs. It looks like they were configured to point to the draft post URLs, which include preview_id and preview=true in the URLs (see the original shortcodes in redirect-original-1.png and redirect-original-2.png). Those URLs should not point to preview draft posts, but should point to published post URLs. I made the following redirect_url changes in those two pages to point to the published post URLs.

In hidden link the correct shortcode is now:

[wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]

In hidden link the correct shortcode is now:

[wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]

I created two new User accounts on your site to test the Lost Password and Reset Password features. While logged-out, I visited the Lost Password page here:
hidden link
I entered the username for a Job Poster User and submitted the form to request a reset link. Then I received an email that included a link to the Password Reset page here:
hidden link
See reset-link.png for the email details. I clicked the link in the email message, and I was sent to the Password Reset page. I used the password reset feature to submit a new password. After submitting the new password, I was redirected to the My Account page. It looks like the My Account page is restricted by a post group. As a Guest, I see the Content Template Login Form displayed as expected. I can see a login form (actually I think I see two login forms, not sure why there are two).

So in my experience, I think the Lost Password / Reset Password feature is working now after updating those redirect_url settings.

Would you like for me to test any other functionality in the Reset Password workflow?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Please continue to support the following issues.
Thank you.

Yoshihiko

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.