Skip Navigation

[Resolved] URL with parent and child slug

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by olegN 8 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to conceive a movie festival with types + views.
'Year' is a parent of 'Event' (and 'Movie' a child of 'Event')

I would like to have that url for each event
hidden link

instead of
hidden link
or hidden link
as I will have a french selection each year !

How could I achieve that ?
Thanks.

Dear Cedricd,

Types plugin is a user interface for WordPress custom post type, but WordPress custom types dont allow that sort of URL combination.
It can be done using the post_link filter and some code, but it is a complicated area and will require custom work.

But, if you need something more customizable, I would recommend someone from this list: wp-types.com/consultant/

Hope this helps.

I think /parent/child/ url should be something toolset could implement.
It'll be better for SEO and for user experience.
Thanks.

Hi!

I have the same problem. As i understand the logic for URL creation for parents->child post, this connection must have an option in future, cos of SEO rules.

My situation at the moment:
I want to create custom URL for post, from (name of the parent post)-(name of the child post).
example: hidden link)
How i can do it now?

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.