Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unwanted Paragraphs added even when using [wpv-noautop] and output mode: Manual

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Unwanted Paragraphs are added even when using [wpv-noautop] and output mode: Manual paragraphs.

I have a template that looks like this:

[wpv-noautop]
All my content is within
[/wpv-noautop]

Output mode: Manual Paragraphs

Within it, I include another template and add the same noautop shortcode.

I include the accordion from Bootstrap V4. Below I paste the HTML output and where the paragraphs are added.

<div class="accordion" id="a-prompt">
<div class="card">
<div class="card-header p-0" id="h-a-p-1"> <span class="mb-0"> <span class="btn btn-link btn-block text-left collapsed" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#a-p-1" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="a-p-1"> Can't do this exercise yet? </span> </span> </div>
<div id="a-p-1" class="collapse" aria-labelledby="h-a-p-1" data-parent="#a-prompt" style="">
<div class="card-body"> <span>Here are some <a href="hidden link">progressions</a> and <a href="hidden link">alternatives</a>.</span> </div>
*****ADDED <p></p>
</div>
*****ADDED <p></p>
</div>

Below I paste the content from the template and indicate that there is paragraph in my code.
I also reported another issue with whitespace which seems to be a serious problem and easily avoided if you had some shortcode like [wpv-output][/wpv-output] meaning anything not within this tag would not output anything.

<div class="accordion" id="a-prompt">
<div class="card">
<div class="card-header p-0" id="h-a-p-1">
<span class="mb-0">
<span class="btn btn-link btn-block text-left" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#a-p-1" aria-expanded="true" aria-controls="a-p-1">
Can't do this exercise yet?
</span>
</span>
</div>

<div id="a-p-1" class="collapse show" aria-labelledby="h-a-p-1" data-parent="#a-prompt">
<div class="card-body">
<span>Here are some <a href="[wpv-post-url item="1116"]">progressions</a> and <a href="[wpv-post-url item="1118"]">alternatives</a>.</span>
</div>
*****NONE HERE </div>
*****NONE HERE </div>
<div class="card">
<div class="card-header p-0" id="h-a-p-2">
<p class="mb-0">
<span class="btn btn-link btn-block text-left collapsed" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#a-p-2" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="a-p-2">
Are you able to perform this?
</span>
</p>
</div>
<div id="a-p-2" class="collapse" aria-labelledby="h-a-p-2" data-parent="#a-prompt">
<div class="card-body">
<p><a href="[wpv-post-url item="1125"]">Record your ability</a> for this exercise as learning or mastered.</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

To troubleshoot this extra content filter formatting, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how this content template is set up in the admin area. You're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the example page where these extra paragraphs can be seen.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

The topic ‘[Closed] Unwanted Paragraphs added even when using [wpv-noautop] and output mode: Manual’ is closed to new replies.