Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to use a public form for editing repeatable field group for a custom PT

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
RCFG.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've created a post type called days. In that post type I have two different Repeatable fields groups. Now I want to let the visitors edit the data for that post (where I have added a view to show a table list with each custom fields grouped). So I created the form for the repeatable FG, Then a content template for it. But when I add a new "block" within the view, and a link to edit the content template (including the form) the edit link won't appear.

When I created the form for editing the content I selected my Repeatabel field group from the post list.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've been following this lesson but without success: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

What is the link to your site?
This is the URL to a custom post type showing the list that is made of Repeatable field group
hidden link

Note: I have two different Repeatable field groups for this post type, but only one of them is active for public view, yet.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how this view, content template, and the edit form are set up?

I'll be in a better position to guide you, accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

The shortcode for the edit link was placed in a "Fields and Text" block, which was outside the view's loop.

I included it inside the view's loop, in one of the columns and it is working, as expected now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.