Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to edit CPT relationship in bulk

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
toolset-bug-exporting-throug-wp-tools.JPG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a locations directory for which I use taxonomies filters for the Countries / Districts / Towns. I would like to change for one-to-many CPT relationship, but have 3000 files to update and I'm having troubles to do it in bulk.

When I'm going to Toolset / Import / Associations, I see this message
------------- You can use the default WordPress Export to export associations. Once you import the data using WordPress Importer you will see the available associations here in the Import section. -----------------

First problem:
- When I try to export with the default WP Export tool, I keep having a critical error message. I've tried with all plugins (except Types) disabled, and I keep having this issue

Second problem:
- I tried to use CSV import plugins, but it doesn't work either
--- WP CSV: the system do not recognises the toolset relationship_slug as a new custom field
--- WP All Import: the plugin changes the relationship_slug, withdrawing the (-) from the slug. Therefore, my _toolset_associations_lieu-et-quartier it transformed into _toolset_associations_lieuetquartier which I know won't work

So I have no clue how to make this work, and I would like to not have to edit manually 3000 locations 😀

What is the link to your site?
This is a link of one of the 3000 locations hidden link

The image is the critical error I get when I try to export XML file with the default WP Export tool

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for waiting and I apologize for the delay in getting back to your original ticket on this topic.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-edit-custom-post-type-relationships-in-bulk-spreadsheet/ )

We had some busy forum queue over the weekend, but I'll be able to complete another round of testing and will follow up on that original ticket, by the end of the day today.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Just answering a quick note to prevent the robot from closing the topic 🙂

Catherine

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Catherine,

I've just replied to the original ticket on this matter.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-edit-custom-post-type-relationships-in-bulk-spreadsheet/ )

Let's continue the conversation over there and so that all information remains in the same thread.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.