Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Translation of the Toolset Map

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I created a map under hidden link
Now I want to create a translation into Spanish.

But when I click on the flag to show the translation, only one kind of items will be shown.
When I press "Show all" all kinds of item will be shown.
hidden link
What have I to do that this link shows all item?

Also I created a link on the left section to show only certain taxonomies.
This works in english: hidden link
But it doesn´t work in Spanish: hidden link
What would be the right link?

Could you please help me with this?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'll need to see how these pages are set up in the admin area to troubleshoot this.

Please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi,
have you been able to fix this?

Thankyou!

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

We had an unusually busy forum queue after the weekend, but I've resumed working on this.

Will share the findings, within the next few hours, and thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, as this investigation took longer than expected.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that as the view 'Neighbourhood Map' is created using the blocks editor and then it is used inside the Divi builder, the first result of the view is always affected.
( it treats the current page in which the view is placed as the first item and not the first 'Neighbours' post )

Note: This is happening on the 'Neighborhood' page in both languages, but as the 'EN' version has many results, it is not noticeable.

We don't recommend mixing content created in different types of page builders together. The block-based views are designed to work inside the Gutenberg blocks editor from WordPress. When using any other page builder like Divi, it is recommended to use the classic/legacy editor views.

I've created a test view 'Neighbourhood Map - classic editor' and loaded the same content template 'Marker Content' in this new view. You can replace it with the view used on the 'Neighbourhood' page and the results should show correctly.

The same is true for the search field filters. You can add the necessary search fields and filters in this new view 'Neighbourhood Map - classic editor' and they should work, as expected.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thankyou for your help! The issue was really that the first item was not displayed.
I added a dummy item and now it works like it should.
It still works with the mix of DIVI and Gutenberg, so that was not the issue.

I didn´t understand your answer why the first item is not shown.
Is it because I use the DIVI builder or because I have a setting wrong?

Toolset promised that we can use it also within the DIVI Builder.
So is there a way to fix it or is it even a bug that have to be fixed?

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

> Is it because I use the DIVI builder or because I have a setting wrong?
- I stand corrected and we've recently identified a more generic issue that affects the first item in the view's loop when WPML is active.

It is not specific to using the Divi builder with the blocks-based views and we've published an erratum about it:
https://toolset.com/errata/wrong-output-for-the-first-item-in-the-loop-of-a-view/

I'll keep you updated on this matter through this ticket and for now, you can overcome this by using the classic/editor view, as suggested in my last reply.

> Toolset promised that we can use it also within the DIVI Builder.
- Yes, we're still committed to keeping Toolset compatible with popular page builders like Divi. But, as a general recommendation, when you have to use a view inside the Divi page builder, you should create it using the classic/legacy editor and not the blocks-based editor.