Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Relationships One to Many / WPML

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi there,

I am using 2 different languages with WPML. I have created a Toolset relationships. I have 2 different items. One is called "Operator" and the second one is called "Offers".

The relationship is setup as ONE TO MANY. ("Operator" to many "Offers")

In WPML only the "Operator" items are set from my side to be translatable. The "Offers" items are not translatable because for every country there are dedicated offers (sometimes more in one country then the other).

My problem is now that I have the "Operator" item in English as default language, and in German as translated.
If I link the "Offer" item with the "Operator" item (default language in English), this offer item is also linked to the translated German version.

What can I do to hide them on the German translated "Operator" item?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and Toolset maintains the post relationships only between the posts in the primary language. For translated secondary language posts, the relationship information is inherited from their respective primary language post.

For what you're planning, you'll need a workaround. You can add two check box type custom fields with your "Offers" post type:
- Available in English
- Available in German

These extra fields will allow you to conditionally show/hide particular "Offer" posts in each language, as needed.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.