Skip Navigation

[Resolved] ToolSet plugin cannot connect to ToolSet

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

See screenshot:
hidden link

Yet the plugin is showing as "registered":
hidden link

However, when I check the ?page=otgs-installer-support page, and look at the request arguments:

OTGS_Template_Service_Php_Model Object ( [attributes:OTGS_Template_Service_Php_Model:private] => Array ( [body] => OTGS_Template_Service_Php_Model Object ( [attributes:OTGS_Template_Service_Php_Model:private] => Array ( [action] => site_key_validation [site_key] => abcdefghij [site_url] => <em><u>hidden link</u></em> [source] => 3 [installer_version] => 2.6.1 [theme] => Blue Line Exports [site_name] => Blue Line Exports [repository_id] => toolset [versions] => OTGS_Template_Service_Php_Model Object ( [attributes:OTGS_Template_Service_Php_Model:private] => Array ( [types] => 3.4.10 [toolset-blocks] => 1.5.3 [cred-frontend-editor] => 2.6.9 [types-access] => 2.8.11 [wp-views] => 3.5.3 [toolset-advanced-export] => 1.0 ) ) ) ) [timeout] => 45 ) )

The site_key_validation variable (obfuscated above) does not match the registered site key on ToolSet.

So, should I a) unregister ToolSet on my website THEN b) create a new site key and THEN c) register with the new key?

fyi the validation code noted above in the ToolSet API request is the code used on the Development version of this site BEFORE it was migrated to the live domain.

Hello,

Please try these:
1) Upgrade Toolset Types plugin to the latest version, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Follow our document to upgrade all other Toolset plugins, and test again:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/
section "Automatic Installation (once you have Types plugin installed)"

3) If the problem still persists, please check your webserver can connect with Toolset API server: api.toolset.com

1) Upgrade Toolset Types plugin to the latest version, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

QUESTIONS:
Should I "unregister" the site FIRST?
Should I delete the site key FIRST on the ToolSet "sites" page?

3) If the problem still persists, please check your webserver can connect with Toolset API server: api.toolset.com

QUESTION:
How can I check this?

You don't need to "unregister" the site FIRST, you can install the latest version of Toolset Types plugin manually, then follow the document I mentioned above to install/upgrade other Toolset plugins.

Q2) How can I check this?
Then go to Dashboard-> Go to Plugins → Add new and click on the Commercial tab, click button "Check for updates", see screenshot:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/toolset-install-7-1-2.png

Is there some issue that would prevent multiple site keys for the same "root" domain being used?
e.g.

I have a site on mysite.com/testdir/v7/ which is registered and doesn't have a connection problem.

However,
staging1.mysite.com has a ToolSet connection problem.
AND
mysite.com has a ToolSet connection problem.

I followed the procedure you outlined above on the staging1.mysite.com site and it DOES indeed let me update all plugins.
However I am still seeing the error message at the top of the screen*

Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset.com
Toolset needs to connect to its server to check for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outgoing communication to toolset.com to remove this notice.

I have deactivated all security plugins but it doesnt help.

There is an Imagick version warning but NOTHING about ToolSet.

[02-Jul-2021 02:33:15 UTC] PHP Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1690 but version 1691 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0

ACTUALLY I'm not seeing this message on the root domain site now.

It's only appearing on the staging1 site.

What error message did you get when you click the button "Check for updates"?

No "error" message.
Only the message at the top of the screen, as I described, which says it cannot connect to ToolSet.

I assume:
1) You hare already installed the latest Toolset Types plugin in all your websites.
2) You have already setup different Toolset site key for each website(WP installation)
3) All websites are in the same webserver(same environment)

If it is, then the problem is abnormal, please check this:
In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

If the problem still persists, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with test site credentials and FTP access, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.