Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset integration with elementor theme builder not working in front end

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's elementor template isn't showing up anymore for their posts once Views was activated.

Solution:
The issue was that user created and assigned the post to an empty content template.

If you are creating the templates using elementor then I suggest deleting this empty content template.

What could've happened was that it was created by accident.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

I was am using toolset to make a listing website with elementor pro dynamic theme builder. I've updated thoe whole site, after I am completely unable to see anything on the front-end related to custom posts. I can see everything working completely fine on the backend. But when I am trying to view my page on the front-end I can only see headers and footers only.

I tried creating the single page template again and I could see the content being pulled successfully, but when I preview it the same thing happens again.

The interesting part is, I made a search page using toolset and it is working completely fine. I can see all the data being displayed in the normal way. But when I go to a specific post the content is again not visible.

I tried downgrading wp to version 4.9.1 and elementor to 2.4.8, but it didn't help.

I was not the only one experiencing the issue, Please help!!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the custom single page i created via elementor pro that shows the custom fields data that i created via the toolset custom post type

Instead, I got:
just the menu/header and footer, no single page layout

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The issue was that you've assigned the post to an empty content template.
hidden link

If you are creating the templates using elementor then I suggest deleting this empty content template. What could've happened was that it was created by accident.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.