Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Content Template Issue

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

This has happed to a few different post types, the page was working correctly and the page was displaying properly and at some point it started to appear blank with content on the back end. the toolset content template was set to dynamic as normal and that what it was while it was working, but after it went blank changing the content template to none solved the issues. not sure what is causing this as it has happened on 2 different sites now.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I haven't seen another report about similar behavior, before. Can you please share the temporary admin login details of a website where a page/post like this can be seen?
( also include the link to the page/post where the content template setting needs to be set to "None" )

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details, but I'm getting the message:
"This feature is forbidden temporarily for security reason. Try login again."

Can you please remove any GEO IP security restrictions or alternatively, share a clone/snapshot of the website, so that I can see it on a test server?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

I'm setting your next reply as private again.

this url is actually: hidden link
my mistake

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access link.

If you'll go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Content Templates, you'll see that the template named "Template for Posts 2" is assigned to single post pages.
( screenshot: hidden link )

However, if you'll edit that template, you'll see that it is blank. This is why when a new post is created, it uses that template and shows nothing in place of the content. And when the template for that post is manually changed to "None", that post starts using the theme's regular template and starts showing the content as well.

Is it possible that you previously had a different content template assigned to the single post pages?

If you'd like these single post pages to only use the theme's regular template, you can go to the edit screen of the template "Template for Posts 2" and un-check the option "Posts" option under the usage and it will unassign this template from all posts.
( screenshot: hidden link )

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.