Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset breaks editor

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When I enable Toolset the editor is broken and I cannot add blocks.

Solution:

It should be a compatibility issue, Please try these:

1) Create another admin user

2) Clear your browser cache or test with another browser, login as new admin user, and test again

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chrisH-34 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
2.PNG
1.PNG

My editor normally looks like the first image.

When I enable Toolset the editor is broken and I cannot add blocks. See the second image.

Hello,

I have seen similar issue before, which is a Divi setting, please try the solution of this ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/blocks-interface-will-not-show/#post-1713251

I'm sorry. This did not help me.

I can even change themes to a default theme and it still doesn't help unless I disable the Toolset plugin.

Please check these:
1) Dashboard -> Toolset -> Post Types and edit "Pages" post type and select "Block" or "Per post" for the "Editor (required)" field.
2) Dashboard-> Divi-> Theme Options-> Builder-> Advanced, disable option "Enable Classic Editor", and save

If the problem still persists, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

blocks-editor1.JPG
blocks-editor2.JPG

Thanks for the details, I can install your duplicator package in my localhost, but I don't see the same problem as you mentioned above:
When I enable Toolset the editor is broken and I cannot add blocks

1) Install your duplicator package, and create a new admin user
2) Login as new admin user, make sure all plugins are activated.
3) Dashboard-> Pages-> Add New
It works fine, I can see the Blocks editors just fine, see my screenshots:
blocks-editor1.JPG
click button "Use Default Editor"
I see screenshot: blocks-editor2.JPG

Is there any missing? Please try these:
1) Create another admin user
2) Clear your browser cache or test with another browser, login as new admin user, and test again

Thank you. I can confirm that using a different admin works.

Thanks again for the help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.