Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access Control on multisite

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
download (1).jpg
download.jpg

Hey,

I create a custom role with the attached capabilities but on the users /wp-admin/users.php can't edit or view the profile. Can you please advise? Please note that the site is multisite

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I created a new custom user role on my test website and even without any capabilities, that user was still able to access and modify his profile at /wp-admin/profile.php.

Are you using any third-party plugin on the website which can interfere with the user roles and capabilities? It is also possible that some other plugin or custom code is restricting access to the admin area profile, for selected user roles only.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps, to see that the user profile is not editable.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

im referring to have access in all users profile and not only to his profile

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some tests on my demo multisite network website.

My findings are the same and by enabling the capabilities shown in your screenshot, I was able to show the list of other users with the same role on the WP Admin -> Users screen ( /wp-admin/users.php ). But, it still didn't allow the 'edit' link to appear or allow the custom role user to edit the other user's profile.

My research online suggests that WordPress restricts that only to the "Administrator" or "Super Admin" user roles. So this will require some complex filtering or override of the WordPress default capabilities.

I'll recommend posting this question at dedicated WordPress forums too ( like https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/ ), to see if others were able to achieve something similar or have some better recommendations.

thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.