Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Toolset 1.6.1 & GeneratePress Elements Bug

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JoelK2744 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

Dario suggested I report this here (https://toolset.com/2021/08/toolset-1-6-1-bugfix-release/#comment-678961)

The latest Blocks update introduces a bug when used with GeneratePress Elements.

The Toolset generated CSS classes (e.g. [data-toolset-blocks-social-share="abcdefg12345678"] don't seem to be generated when a Toolset Block is added to a GeneratePress Element.

It was working fine prior to the current update. I can manually add in the CSS to fix but as it may be a bug I've raised it here too.

Here is an example of a blog post with it working correctly (previous version of Toolset Blocks installed) - hidden link - if you scroll down to the bottom of the blog post there is a GeneratePress Element that hooks in the Toolset Social Share Block and another GeneratePress Element a bit further down showing related posts using a Toolset View. Compare to this version with Toolset Blocks 1.6.1 installed - hidden link - and you will see the Social Share Block doesn't appear and the related posts View has lost its grid based styling.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Hi, I'll be glad to take a look, but I don't have access to the latest GP Premium plugin here and I'd prefer reporting with the latest verisons. Can you provide a copy from your site for troubleshooting? If you'd like, I can log in to your wp-admin area, install the WP Downloader plugin, and create a copy myself. Otherwise, please provide a download link in your next reply. For your security, all links you share here in the forum are hidden from public view.

I will also activate private reply fields here in case you want me to create the copy from wp-admin.

Here you go...

hidden link

Thanks

Okay I was able to replicate this problem in the latest release, so I've escalated it to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation. I'll keep you updated here as I receive additional information.

This issue has been escalated to our developers and an erratum has been published: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-block-styles-lost-if-output-via-generatepress-premium-elements/

Thanks Christian