Skip Navigation

[Resolved] This block has encountered an error – I can't make a WordPress Archive page.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by caitlinC-3 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi. I'm running Wodpress 6.1 and have no way to revert; the update was automatic.

I can't make a new WordPress Archive page. I don't dare try to edit any of my currrent ones under these conditions.

So if I click "new " On the WordPress Archive page I get "This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed."

It saved the record because I can go to the menu and try to edit it, but I get the error and can't edit at all.

I read through the forum, and I installed toolset-blocks.develop.1893307.zip but that did not fix it. Help! Thanks 🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The compatibility issue between the "Fields and Text" block and the Wodpress 6.1+ was fixed in the recent releases of Toolset Blocks (1.6.4) and Toolset Views (3.6.4) plugins.

Can you please make sure that WordPress, active theme and all plugins are updated to the latest versions and then check the archive editor again?

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the name of the archive, in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Shoot, I thought I replied with all the details to log in and ftp but I don't see that message here. did it arrive on your end? Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the "Gutenberg" plugin is active on the website. This is a beta plugin that gives you access to the latest Gutenberg features, so it's not a good idea to keep it activated on a production website.

Once you'll deactivate this plugin, the WordPress Archive edit screen should start behaving normally.

That worked. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.