Skip Navigation

[Closed] The form setting and fields structure is being scratched back to zero

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi Luo,

Sorry, it looks like I'm not explaining myself clearly enough.

There is a bug. The CSS works and is saved. That's great.

But the form setting and fields structure is being scratched back to zero. As if I'm starting a new form from scratch.
I now fixed the form again (4th time), and as I was working on it, in one of the times I saved it, it got reset again. All the fields returned to zero.

I can't keep rebuilding the form. Please check logs or anything else you need. There is a bug. Please help.

Thank you

Hello,

Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem:

But the form setting and fields structure is being scratched back to zero.

How and where can I see the problem above?

Also point out the problem form URL, thanks

Hi,
It's the same form you've been working on. The URL is hidden link.
The form is under Toolset > Post Forms > form for experiences add new (ID: 13530)

The steps I remember:
* I was simply working on the form, setting the fields, and each time I saved it and refreshed the frontend to see the results.
* I think the last thing I did was to add an HTML field, which was OK at first.
* Then I've made some changes to CSS for that specific field > Saved and then all the Settings and Fields got reset. The CSS remained as is.

Thanks

I have tried these in your website:
1) Edit the post form "form for experiences add new" (ID: 13530)
Add some HTML content element just below the "Form message" element

2) Save the form

Test it in frontend and admin side, I don't see any field setting was reset

Please provide more detail steps to reproduce the same problem, and I see below JS errors in your website:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener')
    at yasr-editor-screen.js:1:12649
    at yasr-editor-screen.js:1:12706
yasr-editor-screen.js?ver=3.0.3:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'value')
    at yasr-editor-screen.js:1:7452
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (yasr-editor-screen.js:1:7960)

Above JS errors are from another plugin "yet-another-stars-rating-premium", can you deactivate it, and test again?
And please check if there is any PHP errors in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

PHP Error Log (1).jpg

Thanks Luo,

I was unable to reproduce the problem so I can't give more detailed steps.

Regarding the JS error, I can't see it but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I've created the PHP logfile. I don't really understand the meaning of these lines, but hopefully, you will. Please see the attached image.

Thanks

The PHP debug logs show some PHP notices, they are not PHP errors, and should not conduct the problem you mentioned above, please try as I mentioned above:
1) deactivate plugin "yet-another-stars-rating-premium", and test again
2) clear your browser cache and test again,
3) if the problem persists, provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I'm not reopening the ticket but letting you know that this just happened again.

I've built the form about 4 hours ago, made some changes about an hour ago and it was all good (with the "yet-another-stars-rating-premium" activated).

Now, I've added a new field to this post type (Experiences) and when I opened the form to add the new field, the form fields are back to zero 🙁

Is there any way to reproduce the same problem?
Can you provide detail steps?
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] The form setting and fields structure is being scratched back to zero’ is closed to new replies.