Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The editor encountered an unexpected error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am trying to edit or create new pages linked to a content template. I get 'The editor encountered an unexpected error' when I try to edit.

Solution:

The client decideds to use a custom field for the featured image instead of the built-in featured image.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stina 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to edit or create new pages linked to a content template. I get 'The editor encountered an unexpected error' when I try to edit. I've made a new content template and linked the post type to it, didn't solve the problem. I striped the content template form everything except body, didn't solve it. I've cleared the cache. It has been like this for a while and I've tried to figure it out now and then without success.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
Though the problem can only be seen from the admin side.

Hope there is a solution, don't want to recreate all the content again.

Hello,

I have tried the credentials you provided above, it is not valid, I get these error messages:

Okänt användarnamn. Dubbelkolla eller försök med din e-postadress.
3 login attempts remaining

Please check it, and the problem is abnormal, please check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi Luo,

I've fiddled around and figured out that if I inactivate Nextgen the problem isn't there. Another way to solve the problem is to turn off the featured image in the post type. Everything works well on ordinary pages and it didn't work when I made a new post type. So something between Toolset and Nextgen is going wrong.

Stina

nextgen.JPG

I assume we are talking about the "NextGEN Gallery" plugin download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WordPress installation + The latest version of Toolset plugins + "NextGEN Gallery" plugin.

But I don't see the problem you mentioned above:

edit or create new pages linked to a content template. I get 'The editor encountered an unexpected error' when I try to edit

See screenshot NextGEN.JPG

Is there anything missing?

Since it is a compatibility issue with other plugins, please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, if it requires other plugins, please provide downloadable URLs for them. thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I decided to use a custom field for the featured image instead of the built-in featured image.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.