Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: After form submission, that the referer link doesn't work anymore

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi Waqar,

1.) If you test the form, you can see after form submission, that the referer link doesn't work anymore. Hope you can help me to fix the problem.

Thank you,
Thorsten

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for waiting and my testing confirms that it is the same limitation as was discovered in the other ticket.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/age-calculation-and-referer-doesnt-work-anymore/#post-1984845 )

With the AJAX form submission options checked, if I move the custom snippet "Reload Formular" that holds the code for the "referer" shortcode, into the active theme's "functions.php" file, it works.

Based on this, it is a good idea to move all the custom scripts related to the forms with AJAX submission turned on, into the active theme's "functions.php" file.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you Waqar,that works well!
One additional question: As you know, the user has to click on the Referer Link in order to book for an additional person (for example each family member has to book for it's own). Is it possible, that the Users can click on a repeatable field group, so additional users can enter their data at once instead of clicking the Referer Link again?
Thanks,
Thorsten

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that it works.

Since each form submission can only add/edit only a single post or a repeatable field group item, I'm afraid, it won't be possible to submit all the data, at once. The user will have to add those items, one-by-one.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.