Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Social media icons not rendering.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthiasV-2 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Transfer this ticket to Waqar.

We are trying to display social media Icons inside the "vakexperts" template, however the icons don't render.

Example (one of the many): hidden link

The icons showed before. I know there was an issue rendering the icons with Toolset blocks but since the release of 1.4.1 there should not be any more issues. We are on Toolset blocks version 1.6.1. Cleared the cache.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your uploaded images in the media library seemed to have been moved to a different server/address.

If you'll go to WP Admin -> Media, you'll see "image doesn't exist" messages are showing.
( screenshot: hidden link )

The images which are currently showing on the page are being served through a different domain/server ( hidden link ).

Have you added any new plugins or custom code to server the images through a third-party CDN, recently?

regards,
Waqar

For optimization purposes we now use "optimole cloud" plugin to save and load our images. How "exactly" can we add those social icons again?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing this update.

I've performed some tests on my website with the "Image optimization & Lazy Load by Optimole" plugin, with the same settings as your website and it works correctly with the "Image" block.

In the content template "Template for Vakexperts" I've noticed that you're trying to show URLs from the fields "Instagram", "Facebook", and "Linkedin" in the form of social medial icons, which won't work, because those fields only include information about the social profile links, and no images to show for the social icons.

You can upload your images for these social profiles in the media library and then add image blocks to show them as a fixed and not the dynamic sourced images. Next, under the "Link Settings" for each image block, you'll see the option to select the dynamic source for the link, in which you can select those social profile custom fields.

As a result, the fixed social images will be loaded from the media library, whereas the links will be used dynamically from the custom fields.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.